Why we do what we do
The Faces Behind The Dedication
Class is now in session
Launch High School is authorized by the Charter School Institute (CSI).
Former Board Members
Josh Meuth Alldredge
Launch High School
Launch High School is a new, innovative, free public charter school with a focus on Entrepreneurship that is open to all students. We opened our doors August 2016 with 9th and 10th grades, and add grade 11 in 2017 and grade 12 in 2018. Our class numbers are capped at a very low number for personalized attention, but any student can be accepted if we have space.
- Small Class Sizes – Presently 15 students to each teacher) and student-to-Personal Learning Coach ratio of 45 to 1 (at least 5 times lower than most high schools).
- Personalized Learning Plan – Nationally recognized by the NY Times and developed with the Stanford School of Education, Facebook engineers and the Zuckerberg Foundation – allows students to direct their own learning by choosing what, when, where, how and with whom they learn. Launch High School is one of the very few schools in the country to offer this game-changing educational program.
- Entrepreneurship Program – Our original program focuses on personal development, community development and economic and social opportunity development. Students solve real world problems and fill societal needs by creating their own business, non-profit or social enterprise based on their own passion and interests.
- Venture Fund – Established for the sole purpose of Investing in students’ venture ideas.
- Laptop For Every Student – Use 24/7 365 days of the year. Keep as a graduation present when you graduate from Launch High School.
- No Busywork – Students use their skills on authentic experiences that improve and affect our community.
- Hands-On Learning – Project-based learning where students must apply learned knowledge and skills to complete a true operating venture (business, social entrepreneurship or technical innovation).
- Guidance From Experts & Mentors – Every student and every project will have access to mentors and advisors that are professionals from local and global communities.
- Community Involvement – Collaboration including meaningful mentorships and challenging internships.
Any student can attend! Our free, public charter school accepts all students who are interested in being part of our innovative program. Our enrollment is only limited by space – so you’ll want to enroll promptly if you are interested.
We are finalizing our permanent school space in a brand new building in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs. Our temporary location is a former parochial school, located at 3115 Larkspur Dr.
We are developing a range of transportation options for those in need of assistance. You are also welcome to walk, bike, or drive your student to our campus.
Yes, but we prepare students for much more than college. With the real-world skills we teach and applying their skills in real-time, they will be prepared for success in any post-secondary path and career they choose.
Extra Curricular Activities--Do You Have Them? What If You Don’t Have the Activity My Child Desires?
We offer engaging after-school activities – usually entrepreneurship-related. However, if your student wants to participate in an after-school activity we don’t offer , they can participate in any activities offered by your public “school of residence” per Colorado law. We’ll help you navigate that process.
Launch is not an online school. Students must attend daily and will have teachers in the classroom providing face-to-face instruction. However, students will take advantage of extensive online resources.